How the Lymphatic System Works (and Why It’s Important)
Each system of the body has its own role for keeping us healthy. However, many things in our modern environment can disrupt these systems and how they function. The lymphatic system is no exception.
Let’s talk about how the lymphatic system works, as well as why it’s so important to keep it clean and healthy — and most importantly, the actions we all should be taking to make sure ours works properly!
The Role of the Lymphatic System
What is the lymphatic system? Let’s look at the facts:
- The lymphatic system is a network of vessels (kind of like veins) that run throughout the body, moving lymph fluid from the tissues into the blood. This clear lymph fluid contains white blood cells that fight infection in the body.
- The main role of the lymphatic system is to remove any wastes, toxins, or other unwanted substances from the body.
- The lymphatic vessels are connected to areas called lymph nodes all over the body, and that’s where the lymph fluid is filtered. The biggest groupings of lymph nodes (which are bean-shaped glands) are found in the armpits, neck, and groin.
The lymphatic system is the main defense against disease or infection in the body. When there’s an infection, injury, or something else in the body causing inflammation, the lymph nodes often swell as they’re creating more white blood cells to fight off whatever is happening that’s harmful.
Lymphatic System Versus Toxins
Besides fighting infection, the lymphatic system also works to move dead cell debris, waste, and other toxins from our environments out of the body. This is a crucial function for the body because not removing these substances can cause even more problems.
While the body used to be able to clean things out on its own, our modern world has sometimes made it hard to keep up. The air we breathe, the artificial foods we eat, and the toxins used in our modern food and water production constantly expose us to harmful substances.
Without regular detoxing, we might not be removing all of the toxins and wastes that would otherwise be filtered out of our systems. That’s why it’s important to make sure the lymphatic system and our lymph nodes are able to work properly.
Some signs of a lymphatic system that’s become clogged include:
- Lower immune function
- Swelling in the lymph nodes or other parts of the body
- Skin issues
- Weight gain
- Inflammation in the joints or muscles
In order to prevent these short-term problems and also avoid long-term issues that can lead to further illness or disease, it’s important to make sure the lymph system is constantly able to keep filtering.
How to Detox the Lymphatic System
Here are some of the main ways you can naturally detox and keep your lymphatic system healthy:
- Exercising regularly
- Eating a well-balanced, low-inflammation diet
- Dry brushing daily
- Practice stress-reducing exercises like yoga or meditation, positive affirmations, or journaling
- Not overworking
Besides these daily healthy actions, many people prefer to take it a step further by detoxing the lymphatic system directly. The best way to support this is with a natural inner lymphatic drainage system like Lymph-Active.
Through just 1-2 applications each day, you can help eliminate any waste and toxins trapped in your system using a 100% natural essential oils-enriched formula. You can read more about and order Lymph-Active here!
The lymphatic system is so important for protecting our bodies from harmful infection, disease, and toxins. The best way to support its function is by taking care of your body through diet, exercise, and regular practices that benefit the detoxing process.